These yummy popsicles are filled with blueberries, creamy avocado, dates, a hint of lime and a secret surprise of almond butter. They’re so refreshing on these hot summer days! I experimented with two types of popsicle molds, plastic and silicon and prefer the silicon molds. Rather than submerging the mold in hot water to release the pops, you can simply peel back the silicone. The silicon molds come with 10 popsicle slots, bags for storage and wooden popsicles sticks. The mold has a lid with holes for the popsicle sticks to keep in place while the mixture freezes into these delicious ice pops. The step of adding the almond butter is optional. I made half the pops with the almond butter and half without.
- 2 medium avocados pitted
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 10 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup milk of your choice I used almond milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice I used almond butter but this step is optional
- Combine the avocados, blueberries, dates, milk and lime juice in a high speed blender. Puree the mixture until it is smooth. Divide the mixture among the ice pop molds until almost filled to the top. If using the nut butter, push the nut butter into the center of each ice pop. Freeze the pops until frozen solid, at least 8 hours. Remove the pops from the molds and enjoy!