Cauliflower is still all the rage. This humble head of white florets can be transformed into a tender, creamy and comforting addition to a great entree, or center stage with other great sides. The bonus is that cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C. Earthy and rich without being heavy, this creamy cauliflower dip is great for a crowd. It is perfect served with raw veggies, crackers or as a spread for sandwiches.
- 1 cup walnut halves roughly chopped
- 1 head steamed cauliflower about 4 cups
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-vigin olive oil and extra for drizzling as garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the walnuts in a single layer on a sheet tray and lightly toast. Be careful not to burn them.
- I used the pre-bagged cauliflower and steamed it in the microwave. Let is cool for a couple of minutes and place in food processor or high speed blender. Add the toasted walnuts to the food processor, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice and blend well. Add the olive oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the chopped rosemary and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. You can add more oil or water if the mixture is too dry. This dip can be served warm. You can refrigerate the dip for up to a day ahead of serving. Garnish with olive oil and walnuts.