We’re in the peak of strawberry season with juicy, beautiful farm stand berries available almost everywhere! High in vitamin C, plump, red and delicious, strawberries make a great snack or addition to any meal. Make sure to pick berries that are bright red with a stem firmly attached, washing just before using. This fresh fruity salsa with radish and avocado is simple to prepare and requires no cooking. I served my zesty salsa with grilled swordfish but it can top many different proteins, like chicken, pork or another type of fish. Perfect for the holiday!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup radishes diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- Combine the strawberries, radish, chives, lime zest and lime juice in a large bowl and gently toss together. Season the salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss in the diced avocado just before serving. Garnish with chopped chives and a squeeze of lime juice.