I’ve been playing around with watermelon recipes these last few weeks. Grilling it, both indoors and out, and adding toppings like a spicy salsa and even coating it in dark chocolate. These recipes still need some tinkering 🙂 Now here’s a fun riff on a dessert “pizza” with the watermelon slices resembling slices of pizza. This is a refreshing and easy dish requiring just assembly, but no cooking. It’s a beautiful light dessert or a creative brunch dish.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6-8 thick slices seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup each of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves finely chopped, for garnish
- Combine the fresh ricotta, honey, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whip the ingredients until well combined. Pat the watermelon slices lightly with paper towel to dry. Spread about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each of the watermelon slices. Add the berries and top with the fresh mint and serve.
I say yum!!!!
What a great idea! Looks delicious!