In honor of my 300th Zest for Cooking post, I’ve created a spicy cauliflower recipe. Over the years, my cauliflower recipes have been some of the most popular. With the 2019 Super Bowl only days away, it seems timely to post a healthy recipe option and a great dish for your vegetarian guests as well. Combining sriracha and your favorite hot sauce is the secret sauce in these tasty, fiery bites. Sriracha, the iconic hot sauce that originated in Thailand, is made with ground chili peppers, distilled vinegar, and garlic. We’re also big fans of the Mexican hot sauce Cholula, but Frank’s or your favorite hot sauce is a perfect alternative. Serve your cauliflower bites with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, alongside your spicy wings…yum!
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-vigin olive oil
- Pinch of Kosher salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Cholula Hot Sauce or favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast the cauliflower for about 15-18 minutes or until it begins to soften and brown on the edges.
- In the same large bowl, combine the Sriracha, hot sauce, butter, lemon juice and whisk to combine. Add the roasted cauliflower to the bowl and toss well to coat. Place the cauliflower back onto the sheet tray and roast for another 5 minutes. Serve the cauliflower bites with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.
Pam! Many congratulations on your 300th posting! I’ve been following you from the beginning and enjoy each one. Thank you for the lovely surprise and inspiration each week in my inbox. Warmly, Shanna