This slushy blender cocktail is perfect for a steamy summer evening. Instead of using ice, freeze the watermelon cubes ahead of serving. Place the cubes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid. There is an abundance of peak produce at the farmers’ markets now, and in addition I purchased local raw honey to use as a sweetener. A simply syrup works as well. To make a simply syrup, simmer equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. The syrup can be store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- 2 heaping cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-4 ounces good quality tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 cups Ice
- In a high speed blender, puree the watermelon, blueberries, honey, mint. Add the tequila, lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. Pulse again. Add the ice and blend until smooth. Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.