It’s turning out to be a hot and steamy start to the summer in Boston! This wonderfully refreshing drink will cool you off. Since I can’t seem to get enough of the perfectly ripe strawberries, I thought it might be fun to use them in a beverage. Agua frescas are a popular drink throughout Mexico, and are simply fresh fruit blended with lime juice, a bit of sweetener and water. This is a perfect non-alcoholic option for the holiday. Happy July 4th 🇺🇸!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (15-20 medium berries) hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar or to taste
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda chilled
- Combine the strawberries, mint, lime juice, sweetener of choice and water in a blender. Puree until the liquid is blended and smooth. Chill the mixture for a couple of hours or so. When your ready to serve, fill 4 glasses with the puree until about 3/4 way up the glass. Top off the glasses with sparkling water or club soda. Garnish with mint leaves and strawberries. Taste and add more sweetener or lime juice, if needed. Enjoy!