Sautéing corn kernels in a combination of olive oil and butter adds tremendous flavor to this salad. It’s simple, delicious and a perfect dish for these steamy summer nights. I added fresh avocado, jalapeño pepper, tomatoes, fresh basil and a sprinkle of feta cheese. My son finished the salad before I had the chance to dress it! It was so flavorful that it didn’t need dressing. I just finished it with a pinch of sea salt and a generous squeeze of lime juice. Yum!
- 4-6 ears fresh corn (about 3 cups) husked, silks removed and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 medium avocado pitted and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh feta cheese crumbled
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice of a lime
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn starts to lightly brown. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the sautéed corn in a large serving dish and add the tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño pepper and fresh basil. Sprinkle the cheese over the salad. Add a pinch of sea salt and the fresh lime juice. Gently toss the salad and serve.