This tangy cocktail gets its fizz from a bottle of dry sparkling wine. With vermouth and fresh lime juice, it’s everything a summer cocktail should be – light, citrusy and perfect for happy hour or paired with a summer meal. A simple syrup is made using equal parts water and sugar. You’ll heat the ingredients on the stovetop just until the sugar dissolves. This recipe makes extra simple syrup which can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 750 milliliter bottle dry vermouth chilled
- 1 750 milliliter bottle dry sparking white wine chilled - I used prosecco
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ice for serving
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from the heat and let the simple syrup cool. This recipe makes extra simple syrup. You'll need 3/4 cup of the syrup for this recipe, or to taste.
- In a large pitcher, combine the vermouth, white wine, fresh lime juice, and 3/4 cup of the simple syrup. Stir to combine and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.