These beautiful multi-colored carrots provide a wallop of Vitamin A and a solid dose of Vitamin C. They make a perfect side dish for dinner or a great contribution to a holiday meal. When roasting vegetables, make sure the chunks or pieces of veggies are about the same size, so they’ll roast evenly. Save the slightly bitter carrot tops for a zippy pesto, fun addition to a salad or as a leafy green garnish for soup.
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots cut into chunks on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons good raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-vigin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine the cut carrots with the honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the carrots and place them in a single layer on a roasting tray. Place the sprigs of herbs on the carrots. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and starting to caramelize. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.