Blueberries are low in calories, high in fiber and help reduce the risk of chronic disease. Studies show that blueberries can improve heart and brain health, as well. Cashews have a sweet, buttery taste and are an excellent source of several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These healthy and delicious ingredients come together in this smoothie with the addition of mint leaves and a squeeze of lime juice. We’re on the cusp of blueberry season in Massachusetts, but feel free to substitute frozen blueberries for fresh. A spoonful of your favorite yogurt or protein powder could be a fun addition to this refreshing beverage.
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- Pinch of Kosher salt or fine sea salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Purée the blueberries, almond milk, honey, cashews and mint leaves in a high speed blender. Add the salt and lime juice and blend again. Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.