This winter citrus avocado salad is beautiful and bursting with flavor! It’s a salad of juicy orange slices and avocado on a bed of butter lettuce, topped with beet microgreens and toasted pecans. I just love winter citrus especially blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges. Clementines, navel oranges, tangelos and grapefruit are all great choices. Use a sharp knife to cut off the top and bottom of the peel. Then cut off the peel from top to bottom, working your way around the citrus edges until all of the peel and the white pith are removed. You can cut the citrus into wedges or wheels. Serve the salad with your favorite protein and some crusty bread.
- 4 Cara Cara or Blood oranges remove the peel and pith and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice to taste
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cups Boston bib or butter lettuce
- 1 cup microgreens I like the beet microgreens
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey and lemon juice until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce and the orange slices on a serving platter. Scatter the mircrogreens over the lettuce and add the avocado slices and the pecans. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.
Pingback: Winter Citrus Salad with Avocado and Pecans — Zest For Cooking | My Meals are on Wheels