It’s steamy hot in Massachusetts right now, and here is a refreshing dish requiring no cooking. This is a fun riff on a dessert “pizza” with the watermelon slices resembling slices of pizza. It’s as easy as whipping the ricotta with vanilla extract, honey, a pinch of cinnamon and slathering it on thick, juicy slices of watermelon. It’s a beautiful light dessert or a creative brunch dish. Festive and perfect for the July 4th holiday!
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6-8 thick slices seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup (each) blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Combine the fresh ricotta, honey, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whip the ingredients until well combined. Pat the watermelon slices lightly with paper towel to dry. Spread about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each of the watermelon slices. Add the berries and top with the fresh mint.