These loaded baked potato rounds are an easy, fun sized, game day dish for the Super Bowl. The potatoes are sliced, baked until lightly browned and then topped with ingredients of your choice. They’re a healthier way to enjoy stuffed potatoes skins and are just as satisfying. I topped the sweet potato rounds with shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped scallions. The russet potatoes are topped with crispy bacon and a combination of cheddar cheeses. Enjoy!
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheeses of choice I used mozzarella and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup scallions diced
- 4 strips cooked bacon diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place the slices in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Use your hands to make sure the slices are coated evenly.
- Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the potatoes, turning once, for about 20-25 minutes or until they’re tender and lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and add the shredded cheese to the potato rounds. Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle on the scallions and bacon, if using. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.