What fun I had making boozy watermelon popsicles! I made two delicious batches of the pops, one spiked with citrus vodka and a non-alcoholic version with fresh squeezed orange juice. Both popsicles were a scrumptious and refreshing summer treat! With only 8 popsicle molds, I used the extra juice to make ice cubes. I recommend using wooden popsicle sticks for the ice cubes. Although the watermelon juice separates and settles at the bottom of the pop, it doesn’t affect the taste. Please don’t skip the fresh mint because the combo of mint, melon and citrus are fabulous.
- 1 1/2 pound watermelon cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup vodka I used citron vodka or fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Servings: small popsicles
- Combine the watermelon chunks, vodka or orange juice, honey and mint leaves in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into the pop molds. Insert the handles that come with the mold set or use wooden sticks. Freeze the pops overnight.
- To remove the pops from the mold, run them under hot tap water to loosen. Serve immediately.