Great for a crowd, these spicy chicken skewers are a great addition to a BBQ menu. You’ll need to soak the wooden skewers for at least 20 minutes before you put the chicken on, so they don’t burn on the grill. A perfect dish for a party, as you can prepare ahead of time and marinate the chicken already skewered. Plan ahead and soak a large bunch of skewers to thread on veggies and fruit to grill as well. Grilled limes wedges would be great served alongside this dish.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other neutral oil (I like grapeseed oil)
- 1-2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Garnish – chopped scallions, sliced limes
Skewer each half chicken thigh with 2 skewers so they lay flat. Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish.
Whisk together the orange and lime juices with the oil, chili powder and garlic. Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Prepare the grill or cook on a stove-top in a grill pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook until a bit charred and cooked through registering a 165 degrees on a meat thermometer, rotating once. Garnish with scallions and limes.
Inspiration: Food TV
What a great recipe! So perfect for summer. Love the double citrus. Can’t want to try.