“Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. Almond Joy’s got nuts, Mounds don’t”! That’s the Hershey’s jingle from the 1970’s. The Almond Joy candy bar, an American classic, is a fantastic combination of almonds, coconut and chocolate. This smoothie recipe is a fusion of these flavors in a delicious and healthy beverage.
- 12 ounces coconut milk (I use the unsweetened, full-fat Native Forest brand) Option: The serving size of this full-fat coconut milk is 1/3 cup (about 3-4 ounces). Feel free to use that amount in your smoothie and use coconut water, nut milk or water for the remainder of the liquid.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons protein powder of your choice (I use Collagen Protein powder)
- 1 cup ice cubes
Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Makes 1 serving.
Pam, Thank you so much for your recipes! You are such a blessing! Hope you and family are well! Love to catch up some time. xox carolyn
Hi Pam! Just wanted you to know that me and my whole family are slightly obsessed with this recipe. Thank you! We have made it three times in four days. I love seeing your posts in my inbox. Thank you for sharing your recipes. You are amazingly talented!
Sent from my iPhone
Thanks Kathryn! It’s great to hear from you 🙂