“Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. Almond Joy’s got nuts, Mounds don’t”! That’s the Hershey’s jingle from the 1970’s. The Almond Joy candy bar, an American classic, is a fantastic combination of almonds, coconut and chocolate. This smoothie recipe is a fusion of these flavors in a delicious and healthy beverage.
- 12 ounces coconut milk (I use the unsweetened, full-fat Native Forest brand) Option: The serving size of this full-fat coconut milk is 1/3 cup (about 3-4 ounces). Feel free to use that amount in your smoothie and use coconut water, nut milk or water for the remainder of the liquid.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons protein powder of your choice (I use Collagen Protein powder)
- 1 cup ice cubes
Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Makes 1 serving.