Happy Fall! No complaints about the weather here in Boston as it has been sunny, warm, and dry. The peaches are as abundant as the apples at the local markets. Plump and juicy, the peaches are perfect in September. When buying peaches, let your nose do the work, they should smell ripe and delicious.
I had a hankering for grilled peaches and put this salad together for lunch. Make sure to use a neutral-flavored oil to grill the peaches. If you don’t want to fire up the grill, you can use a grill pan on your stove-top. The champagne vinaigrette draws this salad together.
- 3-4 ripe peaches, cut in half, pits removed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 6-8 cups fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds or toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 dashes of Sriracha or hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Lightly brush the peaches with the oil. Pre-heat the grill to high. Place the peaches cut side down, on the hot grill. Grill for about 5 minutes or until you have distinct grill marks. Remove the peaches from the grill and let them cool to room temperature. Slice the peaches.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, until the dressing comes together.
Place the arugula, grilled sliced peaches and almonds in a bowl. Toss the salad gently with the dressing. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the salad and serve. Serves 4.
Sent from my iPhone
This looks so good!!!