Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, many vitamins and minerals, and an outstanding source of protein. Fish night is not the most popular night in my house, but it takes place every week! I’m always trying new seafood recipes and this salmon recipe is a winner. You could use either farm-raised or wild salmon for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 1/4 lbs skinless, salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 4-6 metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl whisk the maple syrup with the lemon juice, both mustards and the oil.
Thread the salmon onto skewers and season all over with salt and pepper. Place the skewers on a roasting pan and bast with the mustard glaze. Bake for 5 minutes then bast again with the mustard glaze. Cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. The skewers will be hot so be careful. Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
Source: Food and Wine