This is a great gluten free, healthy recipe for breakfast or a snack. I’ll make a batch, store in the refrigerator and toast them as I use them. They are delicious plain, with fresh fruit, or if you feel the urge…a little bit of maple syrup or powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- 1 tub (16oz) fat free or low fat cottage cheese or part skim ricotta cheese (I use 1% milk fat Friendship cottage cheese)
- 1 container of liquid egg whites (160z) ( I use Abbotsford Farms Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites)
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats (Bob’s Red Mill Oats are gluten free)
- 1 heaping tablespoon flax seed/meal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
Mix all these ingredients well, in a blender. Let the batter sit for a few minutes. It is not a thick batter. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to fill the waffle iron. Free free to add slices of bananas, berries or mini chocolate chips to the batter. Allow the waffles to cook until they’re a little crispy. Remove from the waffle iron when cooked through.
Thanks to Julie Nicoletti from Kinetic Fuel, for the recipe!
this will fit the bill for gluten-free. i’ll try them.
Love your slight adaptations- funny, as I was reading I was thinking how much I bet Jacob would like these. Looking forward to catching up soon!
This looks delicious and the photo is gorgeous!
Sent from my iPhone